If you have read some of my previous posts, I would understand if you think I view pirates as the scum of Eve and they should all go die in that fire people talk about. But this is not true! I do want them dead, but by the hands of other players! I have spent some time thinking about the mechanics of sec status and piracy, and I have a proposal. Tweak the boundaries of legal pvp in eve. Here is a brief, chart based explanation:
|System Security Status||Legal Target Sec Status*|
|Low Sec||0.4 to 0.1||-5.0|
Of course there are caveats.
- Any pilot with a negative sec status is a legal target according to the chart above.
- Only players who have participated in an illegal action can be given a bounty.
- Legal actions are any hostilities under the auspice of a war dec, taken after another player initiated hostilities in sec of 0.1 or greater, or anything occurring in low sec.
- Non-sanctioned bounties (i.e. pirate bounties ) can be placed as contracts in null sec.
- If a player has a legal bounty, he is a legal target in all sec statuses until podded. Once this occurs, his legal status reverts to the chart above.
- Causing initial aggression (legally or illegally) invalidates insurance if a ship is lost during the ensuing aggression timer.
- If a player has a bounty active, insurance does not pay out on losses.